This page is full of silly things I have said, and silly things others have said that I like. Have fun.
Quotes by others
- I am Robin Hood – I take from the rich and give to the middle class … well the upper middle class.Jerry Sterner, Other People’s Money (on the function of corporate raiders)
- Business is a uniquely human response to a moral or cosmic crisis.John Cusak, War, Inc.
- Perhaps we’re all a little mad, we who don cap and bells, and tread beneath the proscenium arch…but tonight, you will all be transformed from dead-eyed suburbanites into white hot grease fires of pure entertainment!…except you, you’re not working out, I’ll be playing your part.Llewellyn from The Simpsons
- Love… you know you can’t bank on it. It’s an unsafe bridge. The only thing you can really take to the bank – money. Make enough money, everything else will follow. Quote me. That’s a Fishism.David E. Kelly, Ally McBeal
- The best test of truth is the power of the thought to get itself accepted in the competition of the market.Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., Abrams v. United States
- Let’s put it this way: if you need to ask a lawyer whether what you do is “right” or not, you are morally corrupt. Let’s not go there. We don’t base our morality on law.Linus Torvalds
- What happens when you read some doc and either it doesn’t answer your question or is demonstrably wrong? In Linux, you say “Linux sucks” and go read the code. In Windows/Oracle/etc you say “Windows sucks” and start banging your head against the wall. Denis Vlasenko on lkml
- In this state of imbecility I had, for amusement, turned my attention to political economy.Thomas de Quincey, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater
- High hopes were once formed of democracy; but democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people.Oscar Wilde, The Spirit of Man Under Socialism
- I always pass on good advice; it is the only sensible thing to do with it.Oscar Wilde, An Ideal Husband
- We are the people our parents warned us about.Jimmy Buffett
- You only get married the first time once.Carrie Vaughn
- We are who we pretend to be.Kurt Vonnegut
- Be good, and you will be lonesome.Mark Twain
- The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.Mark Twain
- Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.P.J. O’Rourke, Parlement of Whores
- If you want in one hand and piss in the other, see which one gets filled up first.Leslie Grizzard Sr.
- One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.Oscar Wilde
- The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
- I like men who have a future and women who have a past.Oscar Wilde
- There is a theory which states that if anybody ever discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
- They’re not hunting dogs – they point to food in supermarkets.Neil Simon, Laughter on the 23rd Floor
- Values are faithfully applied to the facts before us, while ideology overrides whatever facts call theory into question.Barack Obama
- America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.Gertrude Stein
Quotes by me
- “I’ll have the ‘Healthy Turkey Club’, but on white with extra bacon and extra mayo.”Scott Grizzard (Inspired by a quote from “I Love Trouble”)
- When the computer breaks, you can say, “Linux Sucks” and look at the source code, or say, “Windows Sucks” and smash your head on the desk!Inspired by a quote by Denis Vlasenko
- SuSE is Diet Windows using Yast as an artificial sweetener.
Scott Grizzard, boycottnovell.com
- AHHHH! VB killed my VM (with VD) – BSOD – Back to Snapshot.
- In a free society, when the government robs Peter to pay Paul, Paul objects.
- Beware of any book that begins with an Oscar Wilde quote, but read it anyway.